FasTest for PTF takes PUM Update Testing to the Next Level for a Non-Profit Customer
Leading D.C. based non-profit customer adopted Astute's test automation solution for its PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain and Human Capital Management applications to reduce testing effort and cost.
- Application - PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM and HCM
- Test Repository - We executed 100 functional test scenarios including about 1000 transactions
- Projects - Customer intends to use the test automation solution for a variety of projects in their steady-state phase but not limited to: database upgrade, PUM Image updates, new module implementations and small enhancement projects
- Time constraints - Too much to test in a short span of time
- Test Coverage - Not all business processes were tested with limited resources during any project
- Accuracy - Challenging to ensure accurate test results
- Reporting - Time consuming with no access to real-time testing information
- Dependencies - With multiple interfaces and cross-modular dependencies, had to chase down the appropriate testers
- Automate critical business processes to reduce testing time
- Reduce manual intervention by automating the process of fetching test data values
- Reduce cross-modular dependencies and introduce real-time and intuitive reporting
Services Provided by Astute
Astute helped customer to:
- Identify scope of test automation
- Develop business process test scenarios and individual test scripts in PeopleSoft Test Framework
- Implement FasTest Test Automation solution for an enhanced testing experience and PTF test management capabilities
- Train staff on PeopleSoft Test Framework and FasTest Automation Tools
- Create a test maintenance strategy to be used for the steady-state phase and future projects
The Outcome of Automation
- Total automated test scenarios - 100
- Total automated individual test scripts - 1000 (approx.)
- Successful execution - Entire test suite was executed in SIT and UAT environments
The Benefits of Working with Astute
The PeopleSoft test automation project helped the customer organize its entire test repository suite for both financials and human capital management applications. The solution also is projected to reduce their regression testing costs for their future projects. Customer is going to conduct its first round of testing using FasTest and the Astute developed test library for their managed services transformation project.
Wondering if your organization could realize benefits like these?
Let's talk. We're happy to help. Astute Business Solutions offers unique service.