Major Printer Manufacturing Company Upgrades to PeopleSoft HCM 9.2
Customer is a global printer manufacturing corporation based in the United States. It manufactures laser printers and imaging products. It is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.
The customer had implemented PeopleSoft HCM for North America, Latin America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. It had more than 30,000 employees and around 25 Human Resource modules (HR) and Human Resource and Information Service module (HRIS) users.
- Leverage the enhanced 9.2 functionalities&take advantage of the easy navigation and the ease of use
- Leverage the fluid functionalities, such as pages, dashboards, tiles, and so on
- Align with Oracle to receive enhancements and bug fixes using PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) images
- Reduce the maintenance cost and to replace some custom functionalities with delivered enhancements
- Retrofitting the TAM and Candidate Gateway (CG) customizations: PeopleCode functionalities have some major changes to the action buttons on the career
- pages. They require careful review and migration of custom PeopleCode to different application packages for the desired functionality.
- Managing Performance: Astute needed to manage some major PeopleCode changes and dashboard/work-center driven pages that were introduced in version 9.2. Retrofitting the custom PeopleCode was a challenge to attain the custom functionality the company required.
- Additional security rolesand permission lists needed to be granted for access to the fluid pages and functionality.
Solutions & Services
The initial upgrade was followed by three test upgrade moves and a final production move. The whole project took five months to go live with HCM 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.55.06. The project
depended on the IDM upgrade performed along with the PeopleSoft upgrade.
Retrofits were performed in the initial upgraded database and used as the upgrade source for the subsequent test moves.After the upgrade, Astute retrofitted the client’s customization of the Recruiting and TAM modules, which were integrated with third-party systems for job posting and notifications. In addition, the following work was done:
- Customized e-Performance module with additional workflows and review steps.
- Customized Workforce Administration module with integrations to Identity management systems.
- Retrofitted Customized functionalities for the Succession Planning and Time and Labor modules.
- Added Bolt-on modules for pay reviews, mass loads, quick hiring, and manager self-service modules for submitting job openings and employee data changes.
PeopleSoft HCM was integrated with the Identity Management systems, SAP, Salesforce, Webmethods, and a few external systems.
Benefits & Results
- Fast tracking of version 9.2 upgrades and testing automation.
- Upgrade experts helped reduce the cycle time for multiple upgrade passes.
- Scripts and tools for comparing and adding additional security for the 9.2 upgrade.
- Help with the performance optimization of the PeopleSoft application, reports, and batch processes.
- Testing automation that reduced the testing timelines by up to 50%, using FasTest (an Astute product for testing automation)
- Pre-recorded test scripts for all modules in PeopleSoft version 9.2.
- Test scripts to test security, which will be handy for incorporating the 9.2 security changes.
- Reduced overall timeline by up to 30%.
- Automation of custom-built functionalities that provide an added advantage to the customer.
- FasTest dashboards that provide reports for the management team about the testing progress.
- Test scripts that can be used repeatedly with or without modifications for PUM updates and Tax updates testing