High TCO, Resource Constraints
Laureate University was facing performance challenges with its on-premise Ellucian Banner Self Service applications and was looking for a way to:
- Improve performance without investing in on-premise hardware
- Scale computing power to meet peak demand
- Implement a solution with granular cost controls
- Leverage automation to deploy and maintain compute capacity
Aging Infrastructure, Poor Performance, Inability to Scale
Laureate Education realized that its on-premise hardware and software solutions were no longer sufficient to handle its growing needs and tight budgets making the expansion impractical. Most urgently, the student-facing technologies were within the critical path and were impacted directly by hardware challenges.
- Systemic performance issues impacting Ellucian Banner Self Service applications
- Lack of a Disaster Recovery Solution for mission-critical applications
- Aging data center infrastructure experiencing system failures
- Custom code added to the on-premise performance challenges
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
After extensive analysis, Laureate University chose Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Exadata Cloud Service to meet the performance and scalability needs of its Ellucian Banner application.
Oracle Validated Solution Architecture
CPU Scaling, Automatic Storage Management, Advanced Security
Dramatically improved performance for database workloads
Ellucian Banner SSB Lift and Shift to OCI Exadata Cloud Service
Laureate Education chose Astute Business Solutions as its strategic partner to Lift and Shift its Ellucian Banner Self Service applications from its on-premise data center to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Exadata Cloud Service. Astute collaborated with Laureate and Oracle teams to execute a rapid 4-week implementation and successful migration of Banner SSB to OCI. The solution included the following key elements:
Cloud Architecture and Implementation Plan
Fixed-Fee Fixed-Time Migration Projects aligned with Laureate's Academic Calendar
Performance Testing and Validation of Exadata solution for Ellucian Banner
Spend control management to throttle Exadata capacity when not needed
Improved Performance, Security and Scaling
After migrating Ellucian Banner Self Service to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Laureate University has realized business benefits across a number of categories.
- Over 70% Performance Improvement
- Improved Security and Storage Management
- Automated scaling
Eliminated Data Center Dependency, Access to On-Demand Services
By taking its first steps to get out of the data center business, Laureate Education was able to solve a critical business problem with its Ellucian Banner applications and provide a timely solution to students and faculty and deliver uninterrupted services.
- Migrated successfully from aging on-premise hardware to Exadata Cloud Service
- Implemented a Hybrid Cloud solution with secure connectivity to on-premise applications
- Provided uninterrupted Ellucian Banner Self Service applications to students and faculty
- Focused workforce on value-added projects instead of dealing with hardware challenges
Getting Out Of The Data Center Business, To Focus on Improving Student Services Powered by the Oracle Cloud
Learn More About Our Services and Solutions
Watch Earl Parks, CIO of Gallaudet University, and Daryl Frelich, Sr. Director of Technology Services, discuss the benefits of PeopleSoft migration to OCI.
20/20 Vision Offer - Migrate to Oracle Cloud for $20K
Move your ERP to Oracle Cloud and Save 60% with the 20/20 Vision Offer!
How to Improve Your Ellucian Banner Security Posture on Oracle Cloud
Enhance your institution’s security governance, data protection, and privacy systems by migrating Ellucian Banner workloads to Oracle Cloud
See The Team In Action
- Oracle cloud
Oracle Cloud World
HEUG Central - Illinois
- Peoplesoft reporting
Kibana for CS - Deep Dive
HEUG East - North Carolina
- Peoplesoft testing
Webinar: Mastering PTF - Tips and Tricks for CS
Virtual Conference: RECONNECT Dive Deep
Ready to Connect?
Please fill the following form, we will get back to you within a business day.