Current business practices to reconcile accounts and provide a daily cash position to the executive management team are time-consuming of some of the organization’s brightest minds. Furthermore, the cash forecast is not inclusive of items that are not seen at the bank. This is a little bit like driving forward while looking in the rearview mirror. The cash management portion of the project intends to address:
- Reduce manual efforts
- Strengthen controls for auditing and compliance
- Streamline financial operations for reconciliation
- Reduce labor expense
The technology group desires to show cost savings by reducing the number of applications for which they are paying maintenance, to provide better support through a dedicated PeopleSoft support team rather than the general IT backbone, and to show greater value for the PeopleSoft solution by utilizing delivered workflow and module integrations.
- Reduce the number of systems in the application portfolio
- Provide better service and support to the business
- Expand utilization of PeopleSoft approval workflow
It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable
PeopleSoft Cash Management is an ideal solution for Treasury management, especially for organizations that are already using PeopleSoft financials. For PeopleSoft financials users, the implementation of the cash management module enables a powerful set of tools that staff are already familiar with in order to robustly manage an organization's money.
Reduced implementation effort
Integrates with general ledger
Strong reporting tools
Native support for most bank formats
Integration & Single-Use Account Solution
PeopleSoft has the built-in capability to enable electronic payments including, wire transfer, ACH, and EFT payments. The work for this sort of thing largely comes from integration with your banking partners and the configuration of payables and treasury to enable the features. At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance the business requirement is to support wire and ACH, as well as a custom single-use account solution, which is similar to an ePayables solution, but more flexible and secure.
ACH and Wire payments using standard communication methods
BAI files for reconciliation using standard communication methods
Custom work to implement single-use accounts
Visibility and Savings
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance now has the ability to accurately and completely measure and track their cash position and forecast in their PeopleSoft ERP. Using the latest PeopleSoft features in 9.2 Cash Management they have been able to realize the following benefits:
- Automated process for determining cash position/forecast labor savings of the finance team
- Operational efficiency and savings through automation, reducing accounting and finance labor
- Changes to business processes to streamline the payment process while still maintaining controls
- Cost savings with paperless payments
- Cost savings with revised payment terms structure
Unified Solution on a Single Platform
Utilizing delivered PeopleSoft technology, as well as being able to customize the PeopleSoft solution to integrate with a third-party single use account program, SCCA has attained the ability to renegotiate discounts and terms with their suppliers in a way that benefits both parties. The technology solution powered by PeopleSoft has enabled:
- Automated paperless payment mechanisms (Wire, ACH, and Single-Use Account)
- Near real-time availability of cash position
- Secure payment methodologies with strong encryption for file transfers to reduce fraud
- One team supporting the entire PeopleSoft platform provides continuity between modules
- Consolidation on the PeopleSoft platform reduces application sprawl
Realizing Business and IT Benefits at the right time.
Cost (or TCO)
Learn How You Can Gain the Same Benefits as SCCA
Scaling New Heights with Cloud Migration
Want to be one of the thousands benefiting from the Cloud? Here are some business reasons why now is the best time to start a migration of PeopleSoft to Oracle Cloud.
Zero Cost Migration of PeopleSoft to OCI
Migrate PeopleSoft to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for FREE. Protect, maintain and support your applications with Astute's Autonomous PeopleSoft Managed Service.
CARE Success Story
Improving the lives of women, children, and families Oracle Cloud helps CARE streamline its operations in over 100 countries.
See The Team In Action
- Oracle cloud
Oracle Cloud World
HEUG Central - Illinois
- Peoplesoft reporting
Kibana for CS - Deep Dive
HEUG East - North Carolina
- Peoplesoft testing
Webinar: Mastering PTF - Tips and Tricks for CS
Virtual Conference: RECONNECT Dive Deep
Ready to Connect?
Please fill the following form, we will get back to you within a business day.